Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Catching Up

I know--I haven't posted art for two weeks. SORRY. Actually, as far as anything anyone has said to me I'm the only one who has noticed I'm behind on my goal. BUT. I still feel bad for falling behind.

I actually tried to post something the other day, but for some reason blogger didn't like the image. It showed up fine on my computer, but when it was uploaded to blogger it only showed up as a black rectangle--I have no ide why. Lets see if blogger will cooperate today. I'll post two things, one for each week that I didn't post something.

This is my design for an ambigram stained glass window. Its a reflective ambigram, which means that it reads differently when you flip it--so, as a stained glass window, you read a different word when you're inside than you do when you're outside. Cool, no? Combining the design limitations of an ambigram with those of a window is no walk in the park, though. Despite that, I think I've got a readable design. Right? Please comment and let me know whether you can read it. :-)

These are a few banners from the course I recently finished a splash for, British Literary History. I actually edited a couple of these banners since saving this image (namely, the ones for Great Expectations and Heart of Darkness) but I'm too lazy now to put in the new versions. Also I don't have access to the files on this computer. 

  

In case your screen is small or whatever, these illustrations are for:
Northanger Abbey, A Vindication of the Rights of Women, the Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Ode on a Grecian Urn, the Lady of Shalott, Great Expectations
Heart of Darkness, The Dead, the Journey of the Magi



Now, I'm caught up! I have a few more pictures I've been working on I plan on posting soon.

No comments: