Monday, April 29, 2013

Summer Art Goal

I've been thinking a bit about the summer and how I'll have a bit more time than I have recently to do art for fun. I've been trying to think of some sort of art goals that I could make for the summer in order to keep me drawing and finishing pieces and posting them on the blog. I thought of having all kinds of specific goals, but getting too specific I think will make it seem too much like a project that I can get tired of.

So this is my goal.

Every week starting this week, on (or maybe sometimes before) Saturday, I will post a piece of art that I created that week that I can call finished. I might continue to work with and edit these pictures, but between work and classes I think I should have enough time to finish a small study, master copy,  experimental piece or whatever. Usually this should be a completely self-initiated project, though if there is a particularly busy week then I can count something from class or work that I especially liked.

I'm telling you this because I need to answer to somebody. Remind me on Fridays that I need to have something post-worthy in the next 24 hours. If you like what I post, comment, and along with mentioning things you like feel free to suggest ways to improve as well. I'm committing to this goal publicly here and to myself, but if anyone feels like helping me out by just checking up with me I would really appreciate your help and support.

So.

I'm going to sketch. My first piece of the summer will finish off my seasons series, and then... who knows what I'll do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've lit the fire, prepare to have your feet held to it. We're all waiting with bated breath.
Love,
Your Stalkerishly-silent, fervently devoted fan base.